The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) invites the public to comment on the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015 (MACRA) proposed the rule. Comments are due by 5:00 p.m. ET (for mail or courier submissions) and 11:59 p.m. ET(for electronic submissions) on Monday, June 27, 2016.
How to Submit Comments
The public can submit comments in several ways:
• Follow the “Submit a comment” instructions on the Federal Register
- By regular mail
- By express or overnight mail
- By hand or courier
About the NPRM
On April 27, 2016, CMS released a notice of proposed rulemaking (NPRM) for MACRA. MACRA makes three important changes to how Medicare pays those who give care to Medicare beneficiaries. These changes create the Quality Payment Program (QPP), which:
- Ends the Sustainable Growth Rate (SGR) formula for determining Medicare payments for health care providers’ services.
- Creates a new framework for rewarding health care providers for giving better care not just more care.
- Combines our existing quality reporting programs into one new system.
These proposed changes replace a patchwork system of Medicare reporting programs with a flexible system that allows participants to choose from two paths that link quality to payments: the Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) and Advanced Alternative Payment Models (APMs).
For More Information
Latest posts by EHR 2.0 (see all)
- FDA CFR Part 11 Compliance and Benefits - February 20, 2019
- Data Protection Officer (DPO) and GDPR Compliance - February 11, 2019
- Colorado hospital failed to terminate former employee’s access to ePHI - December 12, 2018