A Covered Entity(CE) or Business Associate(BA) needs to legally comply with the federal HIPAA/HITECH security, privacy, and breach rules/standards to protect individuals’ electronic Protected Health Information (ePHI) that is created, received, used, or maintained.
The HIPAA Privacy Rule establishes national standards to protect individuals’ medical records and other personal health information and applies to health plans, healthcare clearinghouses, business associates, and those health care providers that conduct certain health care transactions electronically. The security rule requires appropriate administrative, physical, and technical safeguards to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and security of electronic protected health information. The breach rule covers the breach notification procedures introduced by HITECH act for unsecured protected health information.
EHR 2.0’s certified privacy and security professionals can help your organization comply with the requirement in a most efficient and cost-effective way.
Our deliverables include but not limited to:
- Technical Security Risk Assessment Report
- Vulnerability Scan Report
- HIPAA/HITECH Compliance Assessment Report
- Customized Information Security Policy
- Unprotected PHI Data Breach Policy
- Notice of Privacy Practices
- Business Associate Contract Template
- Other Customized Policies and Procedures
- Customized HIPAA Awareness Training
- Automated Forms and Process Implementation
- Vendor Compliance and Review
- Advisory Services and CMS, HHS/OCR, or OIG Audit Support(Premium Plans Only)
- Online Portal to Manage HIPAA Compliance