OIG has recently completed a study of OCR’s HIPAA audit program and published the following recommendations:
(1) OCR should fully implement a permanent audit program
(2) OCR should maintain complete documentation of corrective action
(3) OCR should develop an efficient method in its case-tracking system to search for and track covered entities
(4) OCR should develop a policy requiring OCR staff to check whether covered entities have been previously investigated
(5) OCR should continue to expand outreach and education efforts to covered entities. OCR concurred with all five recommendations and described its activities to address them.
OCR’s chief Jocelyn Samuels has concurred with all the recommendations of OIG.
For the complete report please visit our Slideshare page:
Latest posts by EHR 2.0 (see all)
- Trump Administrations’ Effect on Healthcare Organizations - January 23, 2017
- HIPAA Fine for Lack of Timely Breach Notification - January 11, 2017
- HIPAA Compliance 2016 Year in Review - January 9, 2017