High quality documentation is increasingly being demanded by CMS and is the key to an agency’s success…now and in an ICD-10 environment. Learn how to maintain a compliant medical record, including eligibility criteria, the requirements for homebound, the face-to-face encounter, and physician orders, as well as the documentation required to support the diagnoses coded and medical necessity for the services provided. Walk away with strategies which will enable your staff to document for success!
• Maintaining a compliant medical record
• Qualifying criteria
• Requirements for homebound, face-to-face encounter, and physician orders
• Strategies to improve documentation
Sharon Molinari, RN, HCS-D, HCS-O, a home health veteran and independent consultant, is a coding and OASIS expert, and an approved Board of Medical Specialty Coding and Compliance (BMSC) educator. She is a member of the BMSC Home Care Advisory Board, author of the Study Guide for HCS-D Certification Examinations. Sharon is a national presenter of coding and OASIS workshops, contributes to several home care publications, and develops CEU courses for professional and non-professional health care staff. She also consults with home health agencies regarding compliance, coding, OASIS, outcomes, and documentation standards.
Time: 12:00 Noon ET
Latest posts by EHR 2.0 (see all)
- Trump Administrations’ Effect on Healthcare Organizations - January 23, 2017
- HIPAA Fine for Lack of Timely Breach Notification - January 11, 2017
- HIPAA Compliance 2016 Year in Review - January 9, 2017