The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC) has released final rules for 2015 Meaningful Use that simplify requirements and add new liabilities for providers.
For the EHR Incentive Programs in 2015 through 2017, major provisions include:
– 10 objectives for eligible professionals including one public health reporting objective, down from 18 total objectives in prior stages.
– 9 objectives for eligible hospitals and critical access hospitals (CAHs) including one public health reporting objective, down from 20 total objectives in prior stages.
– Clinical Quality Measures (CQM) reporting for both eligible professionals (EPs) and eligible hospitals/CAHs remains as previously finalized.
Attestations for the 2015 program year will be accepted for all Eligible Hospitals, Eligible Professionals, and Critical Access Hospitals from January 4, 2016 through February 29, 2016.
Latest posts by EHR 2.0 (see all)
- Trump Administrations’ Effect on Healthcare Organizations - January 23, 2017
- HIPAA Fine for Lack of Timely Breach Notification - January 11, 2017
- HIPAA Compliance 2016 Year in Review - January 9, 2017